Tuesday, April 13, 2021

LESS THAN ZERO (by a bit)

  Today I have 8 avacados that are perfectly ripe. I also have 3 beers and half a micky of vodka. rather than let the food go to waste and the alcohol taunt me in a fast, i will postpone the beginning of my experiment until tomorrow.


most "Intermittent Fast" regimes suggest 12:8, or 24:12 which means 12hours fasting with 8 hours eating freely, and 24 hours fast with 12 hours eat. these are unnecessarily complicated and difficult to follow/remember. I blame the culture of dieting/self-help. It is marketed towards women, who in my experience are less utilitarian with regards to health and diet than men. they treat weight loss and dieting like a hobby, they like it to occupy large amounts of their time and effort. I do not. I want to operate on auto-pilot. I want my diet to be so simple and easy I need devote nothing other than the discipline required to stick with it. this is why I am opting for a 48:24 intermittent fast... 48 hours no food. 24, freely eating. its just easier to keep track of. every day i am either eating or not. every third day i am eating. i often dont eat for a whole day. i think i can do two in a row. (i will allow juice, tea, dried fruits, nuts, seeds.. in moderation and when needed due to dizziness fatigue, distracting pains... but no actual meal type feeding)


I also dont like sobriety culture. I don't think i should continue drinking like i do, but i do not want my whole focus, all day, every day, to be on resisting temptation. 


if i want my intermittent fasting regime to work it is dependant on my abstinence from alcohol. this way the focus is on weight loss and not some pseudo-religious Judaeo-Christian adjacent cult of guilt and penitence.  I think I just may be onto something here.

ok then... today I eat drink and be merrie etc. we shall see about tomorrow... I will try and remember to have a big feed right about 11:30pm today so that my 48 hour fast will go with as little discomfort as possible. but i will know later today if i might choose the day after tomorrow to begin.

until that time, i bit you slim visage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

poverty of thought